My Free Taxes
MyFreeTaxes is a free, safe and easy way for anyone earning $64,000 or less to file state and federal taxes.
- It is the first free online tax preparation and filing product available in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. It is sponsored by United Way, with a grant from the Walmart Foundation.
- MyFreeTaxes tax filing software is provided by H&R Block,® which uses the highest industry standards to safeguard taxpayer information.
- With free English and Spanish tax support, MyFreeTaxes offers a simple process that includes free telephone, email and online chat support from IRS-certified specialists.
- In 2015, 70% of filers completed their taxes in under 1 hour using MyFreeTaxes.
Don’t leave money on the table. Millions of individuals and families are eligible for billions of dollars in tax credits, which reduces the amount of income tax you have to pay.
Last year, more than 200,000 tax returns were filed on MyFreeTaxes.com, a 2,400% increase since the platform launched in 2009.
- MyFreeTaxes has returned $10 billion to 10 million people since 2009.
- MyFreeTaxes can also help taxpayers find out if they’re eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit and other credits.
- Taxpayers can save an average of $200 in fees by using this service in place of a tax expert.
United Way can help you find the best fit for filing your taxes and accessing the credits you deserve.
- MyFreeTaxes.com is optimized for mobile devices—filers can enter data into their secure account any time, anywhere.
- Consumers can also file in person at Volunteer Income Tax Assistance sites. To Find a VITA site near you, visit MyFreeTaxes.com, or call 1-855-MY-TX-HELP.
- United Way also operates the MyFreeTaxes Helpline (staffed by select 2-1-1 centers) to make sure online filers using MyFreeTaxes have the help they need while they file on their own. The Helpline is open from early January through April 18 from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm EST Monday through Friday and noon to 9:00 pm EST Saturday. Staff will continue to provide assistance on a more limited basis through October 15, based on demand.
- Even if you make more than $64,000 a year, you can still use the H&R Block software and pay a discounted rate.